Turning winter squash right into a enjoyable and scrumptious facet dish is very easy! Plus, studying the best way to roast butternut squash means you can flip it into enjoyable shapes, serve them as “fries”, and even add extra flavors like brown sugar or rosemary. All in lower than 20 minutes!
Tips on how to Roast Butternut Squash
I do know that winter squash could be a little intimidating to cook dinner they usually can appear labor intensive, however I’m right here to inform you that it’s probably a lot simpler than you notice! With a couple of minutes of prep work, you will get this straightforward facet dish into the oven and serve up a enjoyable veggie to please the youngsters.
TIP: Utilizing cookie cutters to chop out shapes takes no further time than simply slicing into cubes and it’s a enjoyable approach to shock the youngsters once they come to the desk!
Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
This winter squash recipe is very easy since all you have to do is to toss the minimize squash with olive oil and bake it on a sheet pan. You actually don’t want any particular tools or expertise to make it occur!
Elements in Oven-Roasted Butternut Squash
To make this straightforward butternut squash recipe, you simply want the squash and olive oil. You’ll be able to add extra flavorings when you’d like, however the fundamental recipe is so good and really easy.
TIP: You should utilize an entire butternut squash or begin with a bag of precut bought squash from the produce part of your retailer.
Tips on how to Roast Butternut Squash Step by Step
To make this straightforward youngsters recipe, right here’s what you’ll have to do.
- Peel the squash to take away the outer layer. You simply need the intense orange flesh to work with.
- Lower off the thinner a part of the squash and minimize into 1/2-inch rounds. Take away the seeds from the center of the thicker half, discard, and slice into rounds.
- Lower into cubes, use a zig zag slicer to chop into “fries” or use cookie cutters to chop into shapes.
- Add to a bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Prepare on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake, including non-obligatory spices as desired.
- Take away from the oven when simply smooth to the contact.
TIP: It’s best to chop shapes out with a cookie cutter in case your squash slices are about 1/2-inch thick. It’s possible you’ll wish to put a towel over the cookie cutter earlier than urgent right down to make it slightly extra comfy in your hand.
Can I make this butternut squash recipe forward of time?
Completely! I usually make a batch to drag out for a simple lunch or dinner facet all through the week. Simply let the sheet pan of cooked squash cool totally, then retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days within the fridge.
Finest Means To Make Roasted Butternut Squash Cubes
You’ll be able to in fact minimize an entire butternut squash into cubes as described above, however you can too begin with a bag of precut butternut squash from the grocery retailer to shave quite a lot of time without work of the preparation on this recipe. Search for the squash within the produce part of your retailer.
Brown Sugar Butternut Squash
So as to add slightly further sweetness to this recipe, you’ll be able to sprinkle the shapes or cubes with a tiny little bit of brown sugar. It’s going to caramelize slightly and lend a yummy taste the youngsters will probably love!
What ought to I serve this roasted butternut squash with?
We like this roasted squash as a easy facet dish with scrambled eggs, sandwiches, hen tenders, or tofu nuggets. Or we prefer to make butternut squash pasta by including among the roasted cubes to a dish of spaghetti with Further Veggie Marinara Sauce. It may also be added to a packed lunch or be a stand alone snack or snack element—with or and not using a dip like Ketchup. It’s very versatile!
Ideas for Making the Finest Roasted Butternut Squash
- If serving to a baby beneath 1, don’t add salt.
- Select one spice combo—salt; cinnamon and brown sugar; cumin and salt; OR crushed rosemary and salt—if desired.
- Purpose to chop the squash to an excellent thickness so the items bake on the similar time.
- Unfold the squash in an excellent layer on the pan so that they cook dinner evenly.
- Grease the foil to make sure that the squash doesn’t stick with the pan.
- Use precut retailer purchased butternut squash if desired.
I’d love to listen to what your loved ones thinks of this recipe, so please remark beneath to share!
Lower the squash into cubes, shapes, or “fries” primarily based on what your youngsters might like.
- 1 medium butternut squash (or four cups precut cubes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt; cinnamon and brown sugar; cumin and salt; OR crushed rosemary and salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 levels F and line a baking sheet with foil. Coat with nonstick spray.
- Take away the peel from the squash with a vegetable peeler or with a knife.
- Lower the “neck”, or the skinnier a part of the squash into 1/2-inch rounds.
- Lower into cubes, “fries” utilizing a zig zag slicer, or into shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place on a greased foil-lined baking sheet in a single even layer. Sprinkle with non-obligatory spices.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or till smooth when poked a fork.
If serving to a baby beneath 1, don’t add salt.
Select one spice combo—salt; cinnamon and brown sugar; cumin and salt; OR crushed rosemary and salt—if desired.
Purpose to chop the squash to an excellent thickness so the items bake on the similar time.
Unfold the squash in an excellent layer on the pan so that they cook dinner evenly.
Grease the foil to make sure that the squash doesn’t stick with the pan.
Use precut retailer purchased butternut squash if desired and easily roast the cubes.