Oh, Monday. You’re again once more.
Not solely was it a busy day at work, nevertheless it was additionally Shea’s 5-year nicely little one appointment and flu pictures for each ladies. CUE ALL THE TEARS. I imply, I hate getting pictures, too…however rationalizing with tiny people is soul-sucking after minutes #1 and #2. We made it – Shea SOBBED for the finger-stick to examine hemoglobin however didn’t cry for the shot…after the nurse agreed to let her sit as much as watch. Don’t ask – I haven’t a clue. I wouldn’t be SHOCKED if she ended up within the healthcare subject.
Anyway, it was a enjoyable weekend spent in Champaign, Illinois – again on our stomping grounds on the College of Illinois. A staple, grubby campus bar is closing in 2 weeks and so we fortunately handed over $5 every for the quilt cost to hitch the SEA OF DENIM on a extremely moist ground to sip on our over-priced Coors Lights whereas feeling outdated as you-know-what. We received the selfie with the register again of us, that’s all that issues.
Oh, school. How I miss thee. Mark had a repeat of types on Saturday night time. I left him after 3 (boring) hours to fly solo at his 20 yr highschool reunion to go again to alleviate the babysitter. That was at 10pm. After I awoke the following morning round 7am, I had a textual content from him at 2:23am saying, “Are you awake? I’m locked out.” Apparently, he ended up ringing the doorbell and his poor dad and mom received as much as determine all of it out. I slept by way of all of it. He wasn’t 100% on Sunday (duh), however did higher than anticipated given the circumstances.
Good factor as a result of Sunday was Shea’s 5th birthday! We celebrated with a tour of the vet faculty as a result of what 5-year-old wouldn’t need to go to the pathology lab and insert her hand right into a cow’s rumen (abdomen)? She ended it by cheering on MOM in our hockey sport final night time: hubby vs spouse. Let’s not discuss who received – sore topic.
However earlier than hitting the highway yesterday afternoon, I rapidly threw collectively a weekly menu and positioned my grocery supply order. I by no means need to dwell a life with out grocery supply. I’d have been heading to the grocery retailer at 8:30 following my hockey sport with out it. Or, packing a lunch of…cookies (kidding). These cookies. It was nearly all that we had in the home. The ladies and I made them final week and I rationed them out regardless of their pleas for, “Another, please!” Excellent to ring in October and the season of all issues pumpkin! Get pleasure from!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Creator: Nicole Morrissey
Prepare dinner time:
Serves: 24 cookies
- 1 ¼ cups quaint oats
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp oat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp floor cinnamon
- ¼ tsp floor cloves
- ¼ tsp floor nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp melted and cooled coconut oil
- Three Tbsp creamy pure peanut butter
- Three Tbsp brown sugar
- Three Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp chocolate chips, divided
- Three Tbsp pumpkin seeds (pepitas), divided
- Three Tbsp pecans, chopped and divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
- Whisk collectively the oats, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt till mixed. In a separate bowl, mix the pumpkin, coconut oil, peanut butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla till nicely integrated. Pour the moist components into the dry and blend till practically integrated. Fold within the dried cranberries, ¼ cup chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons pepitas, and a couple of tablespoons chopped pecans.
- Add the dry components; combine till simply integrated. Drop on baking sheet in 2 tablespoon balls utilizing a scoop. Gently flatten with the palm of your hand (cookies won’t unfold) and high with remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon pepitas, and 1 tablespoon chopped pecans.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Enable to chill fully to keep away from crumbling.
Serving measurement: 1 cookie Energy: 102 Fats: 5.2 Carbohydrates: 12.8 Sugar: 6.5 Sodium: 48 Fiber: 1.5 Protein: 2.2 Ldl cholesterol: 7
Weekly Menu: October sixth – 10th